I’ve been asked by several people about my skin care routine. Apparently I have really nice skin. So I thought I share my daily routine and products I use.
I have used soooo many skin care products from drugstore brands to high end but I have never found something I could stay true to. I probably was changing products like literally every other week because I’d find some sort of a flaw in it and it didn’t work for me. Finally, I guess all my stars aligned up and brought me face to face with Himalaya Products. At first I thought meh! this may just be like any other herbal brand but damn I was so sooooo wrong.
Top Row: Refreshing Fruit Mask, Gentle exfoliating daily face wash and Aloe Vera Face Wash
Bottom Row: Nourishing Skin Cream, Under Eye Cream, Nightime Revitalizing Cream and Intensive Moisturizing Cream
My morning routine basically involves the following in step by step procedure:
- Gentle exfoliating daily face wash: This is a very light exfoliating scrub. A soap-free, exfoliating face wash that effectively cleanses your skin and gently exfoliates dead skin cells. Apricot granules gently scrub off dead skin cells, help stimulate fresh cell growth and prevent formation of blackheads. Neem and Lemon deep cleanse and remove excess oil while Aloe Vera soothes your skin and maintains its natural moisture balance, leaving your skin fresh, rejuvenated and glowing, day after day.
- Aloe Vera Moisturizing Face Wash: After exfoliating my skin, I use this very creamy moisturizing face wash. It replenishes lost moisture from your skin after every wash, eradicating dry and stretched skin. It is enriched with Cucumber which cools and soothes while Aloe Vera tones and softens your skin.
- Nourishing Skin Cream: This is my last step of my morning routine. It is a light, nongreasy, daily-use cream, which provides all day moisturizing, nourishment and protection. The cream is blended with the extracts of Aloe Vera, Winter Cherry, Indian Kino Tree and Indian Pennywort, which protect your skin from pollution and dry weather, providing nourishment and moisture. I also like to wear this as a moisturizer under my makeup before applying my primer. I have dry skin so this really does the job for me.
- Intensive Moisturizing Cream: This is a cream that I only use when I have extremely dry skin. As you can tell by the name it’s an extremely instensive moisturizing cream. I usually use this when it’s really cold in those winter months and my skin becomes really dry. It has natural moisturizers Prunus amygdalus (Almond Oil) and (Jojoba Oil) to moisturize even the extremely dry areas of your skin. Trticum sativum (Wheatgerm),a rich natural source of Vitamin E, provides nourishment to keep your skin soft & supple and protects it from environmental damage.
My Nightime routine is a repeat of my morning but just when it comes to washing my face. After that I do the following:
- Nightime revitalizing cream: I apply this all over my face. It is a deep penetrating, cream that has Apple, Lemon and Tomato rich in Natural Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) which revitalize your skin. Wheatgerm, a natural anti-oxidant with vitamin E protects and moisturizes your skin. Working with the skin cell’s natural regeneration cycle, infusions of white lily with healing vitamins, provide intensive repair and nourishment throughout the night, so that you wake up with a soft, supple and revitalized skin.
- Under eye cream: I have really bad dark circles and I also have lack of sleep because of my little baby waking through the night. Using this cream has helped reduce my dark circles and also gives me a little bit of a fresher look when I wake up. It activily helps to visibly reduce the appearance of dark circles, detoxifies and moisturizes the under eye area and helps to visibly smoothen wrinkles and fine lines. Cipadessa Baccifera helps to visibly reduce the appearance of fine lines and lightens dark circle. Winter Begonia is a herb with various benefits. Used in the composition of Under Eye Cream, it helps keep the under eye skin healthy looking.
I also use the Refreshing Fruit Mask twice a week. It helps reducing wrinkles, controls blemishes and helps restoring natural elasticity of skin. Enriched with Apple,a rich source of natural Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) that nourish and improve the skin glow. Fig and Cucumber, provide cooling effect to your skin. Papaya removes freckles and smoothens the skin. It also helps soothe the skin and removes blackheads and deeply embedded impurities.
Lastly, I drink A LOT of Orange Juice. I literally finish 2L of it in 2-3 days. Orange juice helps to make you look young and enhances the beauty of your skin. Drinking orange juice regularly helps to improve skin complexion of the face by defeating the aging effects. It helps to hydrate the skin. The vitamin C also prevents free radicals and provides freshness to your skin.
You can get a lot of the Himalaya products on Amazon and of course orange juice at any local grocery store.